Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pre-summer work

Hey all! This blog is to document the work I will be doing this summer at the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota in St. Paul, MN through the Upper Midwest Human Rights Fellowship. I am currently an intern at ILCM, which makes it convenient to start working. Even though it is finals period, I have a bit of a break so I went into work yesterday to finish up some stuff. I had two cases this semester that I filed with Immigration on behalf of clients. This semester my work was with victims of domestic violence, which I liked a lot. I found out that both of my clients have prima facie eligibility, which basically means that Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) took a quick look at the materials we sent and said that everything appeared to be in place. This was very exciting news for me, since this was the first time I have ever filed anything! I also sent out letters to people I will hopefully be working with this summer on their immigration issues. Hopefully, I will hear back from them once I start work for real on May 14.

No comments: